For Sharing :)
8 things to do right now if you are feeling frazzled
Oh boy this week is one of those weeks for me and I’m not even trying to get ready for Thanksgiving (I’m in Canada and we celebrated last month). So I can only imagine how many of you are feeling right now. I sat down to write a completely different post and out popped this one instead. I obviously needed it to hear it myself and I’m hoping some of you’ll find these gentle reminders helpful as well during the busyness of your days.
1. Pray about itAsk God to direct your paths and help you prioritize all that you have going on. When life gets busy, don’t leave Him out of it as you try to manage everything on your own. Instead invite Him to be a part of your everyday, from the little things to the big things.
2. Breath deeply and repeat a mantraDeep breath, in and out. Do it again. Ahh now doesn’t that feel good. I also find it helpful to say a little mantra to myself over and over again. Mine is this, slow and steady wins the race. It sounds silly I know but I guess it’s my way of reminding myself to just slow down. Whoa nellie as they say :) It really can be anything that is just a gentle nudge when you start to get to far ahead of yourself. Don’t look up!
3. Get your groove onOh my, if you are feeling so overwhelmed that you might just explode do this right now. Crank a dance song of any kind, the faster the beat the better and just Go.For.It. Close your eyes and move. It is amazing how awesome this feels to release a little pent up emotion.
4. Sit in silenceOther times, you might just need a space to think. To shut off the noise and just be still. Find a quiet corner even if it’s a bathroom and give in to the moment. Even a brief moment will help recharge your batteries and help you see straight.
5. Laugh, laugh, laughLaughter really is the best medicine but it can be tough if we don’t have someone around to tell us a really good joke every day. So here’s what I do. I make someone else laugh and when they laugh, I laugh! It really is a win-win. How do I make someone else laugh you ask? Well, I’ll pretty much do whatever it takes and it’s almost always at my own expense lol. I’m a dork so I just turn it on full volume. I dance, weirdly. I sing, strangely. I talk like an alien, badly. Are you getting the picture here? In other words just be silly. Your silliness will be contagious and as you make someone else smile you will feel great!!
6. Do a brain dumpThis one is so effective but when we are in the moment of overwhelm we can’t even seem to think straight enough to write down what we need to do done. Trust me, I know! But if we take just FIVE minutes and dump everything scattered up in our brains down, guess what happens? We feel calmer. We still have the same amount of things to do but now we don’t also have to try and remember it all. Do it right now and see what happens. For more information on this, please read this post of mine, Making Lists and Batching Tasks.
7. Count your blessingsMay I direct you to this post of Ann’s and her beautiful quote below. One blessing at a time. Life changing.
8. Do something nice for someone elseWhat? I know, I know you already have enough going on and now I want you to add one more thing but here me out. It can just be in your day to day happenings. It can be as simple as paying attention to our surroundings and letting love shine. For instance, let someone else go ahead of you in a line, start a conversation with someone in line, pay for someone’s coffee behind you in the drive through, let your kids eat dessert first, smile at someone as you run errands. Never underestimate the power of a smile. When we take the focus off ourselves (even if only for a moment), you’ll find yourself with a little extra bounce in your step as you realize how great it feels to bless someone else.
May this season we all be a little less frazzled, a little less scattered and overwhelmed, and a little more at peace with where we are and what we have.
What is your go to method for feeling less frazzled in your day
Post taken from--